Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Associate, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Operations department, President, technical Directors and general support, as needed, to the senior staff. The successful candidate will manage the front desk, maintain the common areas and assist with a variety special projects. The Administrative Assistant will be exposed to highly confidential and sensitive information, as well as interact with a diverse group of external clients, visitors and staff at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload, assess and recommend changes in office practices/procedures, as well as provide assistance to other departments as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including word processing, mailing, scanning, faxing, and copying for management
- Prepare correspondence, i.e.: meeting agendas, memos, forms, tables, emails, and other materials.
- Create spreadsheets, data tables, and informational packets.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems including exposure to confidential information.
- Handle special research assignments as assigned - including information gathering and synthesis and formulation of recommendations, and preparation/maintenance of complex reports.
- Assist in reprographics and production of marketing materials as necessary.
- Maintain common areas, including coffee stations, kitchen, conference rooms, inventory and order office supplies, schedule office maintenance, receive deliveries, etc.
- Arrange for messenger/courier deliveries or pick-ups as appropriate.
- Arrange for seminars and workshop meetings for Managers and technical staff as needed.
- Assist in managing calendars, schedule appointments for the President and Director(s).
- Make travel and lodging arrangements and maintain itinerary of where individuals can be reached using Internet or company authorized travel agent, as appropriate.
- Arrange for internal and external meetings, including set-up and clean-up, establish teleconference connections, and prepare agendas and minutes, as required.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Screen telephone calls for multiple offices, address routine inquiries, and direct technical inquiries to appropriate personnel. Keep client and employee contact logs up to date.
- Run errands to post office, office supply store, etc. as appropriate.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 2-4 years administrative assistant experience in a professional office environment.
- Minimum high school degree, some college preferred.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high stress environment, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Thorough knowledge of and the ability to exhibit strong written and verbal business English, spelling, grammar, and vocabulary skills.
- Ability to make reasonable, complex decisions based upon interpretation of established policies, procedures, or guidelines.
- Must demonstrate an intermediate to advanced skill level in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Internet navigation; and office hardware/equipment.
- Typing skills of 40+ words per minute.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills, strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Able to handle confidential matters with discretion.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, stoop or stand for periods of time as needed.
How to apply:
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS) is an equal opportunity employer. Please email your résumé with cover letter and salary expectations to
Administrative Assistant, Last Name, First Name
" in the subject heading.