Environmental Planner (CEQA/NEPA)
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
FCS is looking for a CEQA/NEPA Environmental Planner to peer review and process environmental documents such as Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs) and Initial Studies/Mitigated Negative Declarations (IS/MNDs) as mandated by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and California’s Permit Streamlining Act. The role will be a part-time position (3 days per week) with the possibility of full-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Peer review Draft Environmental Impact Analyses (EIRs) and/or Final EIRs in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Peer review Draft Initial Studies/Mitigated Negative Declarations (IS/MNDs) in accordance with CEQA and NEPA
- Review Draft and/or final Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Programs (MMRPs)
- Provide comments and input as needed throughout the project review process
- Assist with the Notice of Preparation/Initial Study (NOP/IS), as needed
- Prepare the Administrative Record
- Attend project and staff meetings and public hearings to discuss project timelines and updates;
- Attend briefings on new procedures and policies for processing EIR cases
- Interface with clients and make public presentations to agency decision-making bodies
- Perform agency consultation and collaboration and ensure environmental regulatory compliance
- Demonstrate confidence in decision-making and be recognized by clients and peers as having expertise in CEQA/NEPA and related technical areas
- Provide other related EIR work, as needed.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Degree in urban or regional planning, environmental planning, urban design, or applicable Environmental field
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience successfully preparing and managing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents for planning projects.
- Experience in public sector environmental planning services
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and participate on large multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal management oversight.
- Interest in task and project management, and proven experience efficiently organizing project or organization resources.
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Willingness to travel as projects require. Estimated 25% travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
How to apply:
FCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email your résumé with cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with " Environmental Planner, Last Name, First Name " in the subject heading.