Proposal Manager (Mid-Senior Level)
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues. By joining FCS, you will work with highly skilled, technical teams that are dedicated to doing what it takes to meet our clients' needs. FCS is focused on advancing the skills and experiences of our staff and has opportunities that expand the globe.
The Proposal Manager oversees the proposal process from concept to completion, ensuring compliance with proposal requirements and deadlines. This position provides full-service proposal development activities in support of a global environmental planning and sustainability solutions company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Interpret customer requirements in Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), and Request for Information (RFI) documents and prepare a creative framework for appropriately responding to those requirements.
- Assist in the development of completely customized approaches and strategies for “must-win” proposals based on the client and their specifications. For all other proposals, oversee the completion of proposals according to existing standards, processes, and practices.
- Implement strategic initiatives for proposal-driven business development, including the creation of a custom look and feel for “must-win” proposals that is consistent with the company's and client's brand. Experience with InDesign and the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Implement effective rebranding of proposals and related content to increase win rates.
- Coordinate with the proposals team to create template materials using InDesign and/or Microsoft Word to establish a foundation for proposals and response materials.
- Set and enforce proposal schedules based on RFP/RFQ deadlines.
- Write compelling executive summaries and other content to support the development of winning proposals.
- Utilizing own knowledge, subject matter expert recommendations, and ultimately, working at the direction of the Sales/Operations Director, collect and ensure accuracy of relevant project descriptions, resumes and other key response materials for use in the proposal.
- Compile RFP materials from subject matter experts and incorporate into final proposals in a systematic way.
- Design graphics, tables and charts to enhance proposal content and value. Identify, capture and store reusable content for use in future proposals.
- Lead the collaboration of multi-disciplinary teams to define winning proposal themes, establish competitive differentiation and drive each proposal to completion.
- Proofread and update completed proposals and related documents ensuring consistency and quality, including compelling sales propositions and materials, grammar, spelling, formatting, graphical layout, etc. are addressed.
- Implement new departmental strategies to streamline the internal marketing and proposal process.
- Use project management/data management applications to update go/no-go reporting and ongoing project status.
Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, environmental science, sustainability, or a related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in proposal/RFP management from opportunity identification through submittal.
- Prior experience in the environmental/sustainability field is preferred.
- Solid technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat applications. Deltek Vision and Indesign experience is a plus.
- A highly motivated self-starter that is an excellent team player with exceptional communication,technical writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with multiple departments and executive staff with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented with high standards for quality and accuracy. Strong organizational skills and experience in tracking tasks.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining processes and systems within budget and schedule parameters.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines efficiently, prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and work collaboratively in group problem solving situations.
How to apply:
FCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email your résumé with cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Proposal Manager-US, Last Name, First Name” in the subject heading.